Application deadlines are approaching for summer 2020 international research programs! Now is the time to start preparing your application materials and meet with an IIP Advisor.
Some applications are due by the end of 2019, so get your resumes and recommendations ready:
- TUM PREP (Munich, Germany) due November 29th
- DAAD RISE (multiple cities in Germany) due December 15th
- UW Microbiology International Internships (Bangkok, Thailand with CALS study abroad) due November 15th
Others will be due in early 2020:
- NUS SERIUS (Singapore, with IAP study abroad)
- UTRIP (Tokyo, Japan)
- UTokyo Kashiwa (Tokyo, Japan)
- Amgen Scholars (Beijing, China) (Singapore) (Tokyo or Kyoto, Japan)
- RWTH Aachen UROP (Aachen, Germany)
- UAS7 (multiple cities in Germany)
Thinking ahead for the next academic year? Also check out:
- OIST (Okinawa, Japan) semester or summer 2021 with deadlines on April 15th and October 15th
- Fulbright Canada – Mitacs Globalink (multiple cities in Canada) summer 2020 deadline passed October 31st
Most research programs require only English, and many offer a stipend or scholarship to selected students!
Pro tip: Read application materials carefully and apply early, since applications require multiple materials such as recommendations, transcripts, and personal statements. Let IIP know if you need help on a requirement (e.g. forms for some in Germany).
IIP also directly coordinates a few additional research opportunities with institutes and alumni abroad in Finland, Iceland, Germany, and Costa Rica. These can be found in the IIP Database, which will be updated from now through winter break. Applications will be due February 16th. The Promega Scholarship can help support unpaid research abroad, so make sure to apply by March 9th!