International Travel & Health Insurance

It is important to be covered by supplemental international health insurance during your internship abroad. Beyond your campus or family health insurance, international health and safety insurance will help reimburse for expenses incurred abroad and provide additional coverage for medical or emergency evacuation if necessary. Insurance coverage may be required by your host organization or for a visa application and it is required by the UW System for students doing university sponsored international activities. UW-Madison Risk Management offers more information about Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) who provide coverage.

For students participating in the Worldwide Internship Program for credit, CISI insurance is included in the program fee. Learn more about the coverage on the IAP website.

CISI Frequently Asked Questions