As circumstances surrounding the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic continue to rapidly change, our first priority remains the health and safety of UW-Madison students.
IIP has re-opened many of our cultivated in-person internships and will continue to evaluate and re-open in-person internships as conditions allow. We also continue to offer many virtual internships with organizations around the world. Contact an advisor to explore options. For up-to-date information on programming abroad, please see the UW Study Abroad Covid-19 FAQ.
Advising by appointment in Bascom Hall or via Teams, Zoom, phone or Skype. IIP will meet with you at any stage of the internship process.
IIP identifies, cultivates and promotes internships for UW-Madison undergraduates. Start with our database and check our other resources.
Credit & Funding
Scholarships available for IIP cultivated internships as well as any for credit through the Worldwide Internship Program.
News & Updates
Applying for Research AbroadSeptember 19, 2022
Carly Stingl Named IIP DirectorAugust 30, 2022
- More News
- March 29Study Abroad 101Virtual Info Session11:00 AM, Online
- March 30Financial Aid Drop-In Advising for Study Abroad Drop-in Advising Sessions12:00 PM, Study Abroad Resource Center (3rd Floor Red Gym)
- April 4Financial Aid Drop-In Advising for Study Abroad Drop-in Advising Sessions12:00 PM, Study Abroad Resource Center (3rd Floor Red Gym)
- April 4Study Abroad 101Info Session1:00 PM, Study Abroad Resource Center (3rd Floor Red Gym)
- April 4Intern and Study in Washington, DCInfo Session4:00 PM, Study Abroad Resource Center (3rd Floor Red Gym)
Current and potential host organizations can connect with IIP to discuss opportunities for undergraduates to get hands-on internship experience abroad or apply global competence here in the United States.
Faculty and staff are key partners in internship development and communicating with students about opportunities.