Campus Resources

Career/International Resources

  • Careers Services at UW-Madison
    Find general Career Services resources and links to your school or college’s office. They offer resources online and in person for resumes, cover letters, mock interviews, career exploration and more. It is a great place to start your internship search process.
  • Career Exploration Center
    The CEC helps students focus on their interests, values, strengths, and personality to give them the tools they need to make decisions about their careers and their futures.
  • The Language Institute
    The Language Institute offers advising on international opportunities during and after your undergraduate education using your language skills.
  • Institute for Regional & International Studies (IRIS) Regional Centers
    IRIS has 8 different regional centers that coordinate events, funding and resources for their region. Many also have undergraduate majors or certificates.
  • IRIS Awards Office
    IRIS coordinates several UW-Madison and national programs that you can complete during or after your studies.
  • Wisconsin Intensive Summer Language Institutes (WISLI)
    WISLI offers high quality language courses in 29 less commonly taught languages through 5 institutes for students, professionals and other non-traditional students.
  • Teaching English Abroad Resources
    This page will get you started on the path to teach English abroad, providing resources on certification, job search, and more.

Travel/Logistical resources

  • Fingerprinting from UW-Madison Police
    If your visa application requires fingerprints the UW-Madison Police can help with that.
  • Free Passport Photos are available from study abroad on Fridays 8:30-11:30am in the 3rd Floor Red Gym. Passport photos are also available at the WiscCard office in Union South.
  • Getting Your Transcript
    Order your official transcript online or pick-up in person at 333 East Campus #10101. Follow the instructions in Student Center to order a copy of your student record (unofficial transcript), which may be requested for an internship application.
  • Readmission after a semester abroad
    If you take a semester off to do a non-credit bearing internship you will need to request readmission to the university. We can talk to you about staying enrolled with the Worldwide Internship Program.
  • UHS Travel Clinic
    Before going abroad it’s important to review your health and any precautions needed for your destination. UHS has a travel clinic and information on their website.
  • F-1 Employment Information for International Students
    For international students seeking to do internships here in the U.S. there are several things to keep in mind, such as Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
  • Police Clearance Letter
    If you need police clearance for an internship or visa application, click on the “Clearance/VISA Letter Request” form for the Madison police.
  • UW-Madison International Travel
    This website includes information about international travel safety and policy at UW-Madison as well as a lot of resources and links to more information.
  • Certificate of Enrollment from the Registrar
    Applying for an internship or visa that requires a Certificate of Enrollment from the university? Here’s where you get one.

Have a suggestion for this list? E-mail us!