Application deadlines are approaching for summer 2019 international research programs! Now is the time to start preparing your application materials and meet with an IIP Advisor.
Some applications are due by the end of 2018, so get your recommendations ready:
- OIST (Okinawa, Japan) due November 15th.
- TUM PREP (Munich, Germany) due November 30th.
- DAAD RISE (multiple cities in Germany) due December 15th.
Some will be due in early 2019:
- NUS SERIUS (Singapore, with IAP study abroad)
- UTRIP (Tokyo, Japan)
- UTokyo Kashiwa (Tokyo, Japan)
- Amgen Scholars (Tokyo or Kyoto Japan)
- RWTH Aachen UROP (Aachen, Germany)
- UAS7 (multiple cities in Germany)
Most research programs require only English, and many offer a stipend or scholarship to selected students!
Pro tip: Read application materials carefully and apply early, since applications require multiple materials such as recommendations, transcripts, and personal statements. Let IIP know if you need help on a requirement (e.g. forms for some in Germany).
IIP also directly coordinates a few additional research opportunities with institutes and alumni abroad and those will be updated over break and due February 17 and found in the IIP Database. The Promega Scholarship can help support unpaid research abroad and applications are due March 11.
Questions? Email us, set an appointment with an IIP Advisor or come to walk-in advising Fridays, 10am-1pm, 252 Bascom Hall.