The International Internship Program at the UW-Madison aims to develop a global talent pool to serve the needs of state, national and international employers. It is the place for employers to come to find students with global skills such as foreign language proficiency, cross-cultural communication skills, and an understanding of the global economy and international standards in addition to their discipline-specific expertise.
Flexibility and professionalism to meet your business needs
We are developing and expanding international internship opportunities for UW-Madison undergraduate students from all academic disciplines. In addition to recruiting qualified students, we are actively recruiting companies and organizations able to offer substantive internships in the international sphere with placements either in the U.S. or abroad.
Internship options are flexible! Please see our employer FAQ page for details on duration, remuneration, credit, and other requirements. Benefits to your organization:
- Access students who have global competency, language proficiency, and expertise in their fields
- Develop a mutually beneficial relationship between your organization and UW-Madison, one of the top universities in the U.S.
- Test out a highly-motivated, high-potential employee in a low cost, low-risk situation
- Maintain the option of hiring the intern back full-time after graduation as part of a long-term employment strategy
- Help shape future leaders
- Gain name recognition and visibility for your organization amongst thousands of UW-Madison students and staff
- Student interns bring a fresh perspective to your organization to help you to develop and implement new ideas for achieving your objectives and remaining competitive
IIP staff works with you to customize the internship to your needs. We can help define the internship position, and assist in managing the recruiting and placement process logistics. See the Recruit a Badger section for next steps.
Not ready yet, but like the concept?
If you are not quite ready to host an intern, but share our belief that international work and volunteer experiences are valuable for our Wisconsin students, please let us know. We can help you think about how to develop an internship for down the road. We can also talk about partnering with IIP in other ways. For example, you could contribute to our Internship Scholarship Fund or help us with career panels and mock-interviews at student career development events!